Database Administration Books?

From: Rev. Michael P. Deignan <kd1hz_at_anomaly.sbs.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1993 22:42:28 GMT

I'm currently contracting as an IDMS & DB/2 DBA for a manufacturing company in Mass. This past week they informed me that they are obtaining ORACLE for their engineering department, and want me to administer that database as well (hey, not that I mind, simply means a longer assignment!)

However, the one glitch is that I know absolutely nothing about ORACLE. Can anyone recommend a good book on ORACLE database administration? (Yes, I suppose could take a class and all that, but I like the hard way...)

MD Received on Sun Jul 04 1993 - 00:42:28 CEST

Original text of this message