Re: QUES: advantages of ORACLE over FOXPRO

From: Pearce Turpin <lanshark_at_llnl.gov>
Date: 1 Jul 1993 21:34:45 GMT

From: huynh
Date: 25 Jun 93 12:24:52 -0600
In article <1993Jun25.122452.622_at_condor.navsses.navy.mil> , huynh_at_condor.navsses.navy.mil writes:

>Hi all,
>
>Could someone please tell me the advantages of ORACLE over FOXPRO? Why
 are
>industries pushing for ORACLE now?
>
>Thanks.

Going to the ORACLE news group for unbiased info on FOXPRO is like asking a liberal peace-pansy what they think of Reagan-omics. Here at the 'Lab', we (Plant Engineering) use both. All our BIG stuff is  ORACLE, but for small specilized apps that we don't have a year to wait
 for, we use FOXPRO. I like the Cessna - Boeing analogy; it's very accurate
as you wouldn't use a Cessna to fly to London, you wouldn' try to crop-dust with a 747. Besides, most people don't need a 747 and DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR AND MANTAIN a 747 when a Cessna will do just fine. Do your anaysis
and use the right tool for the right job. The client's needs ALWAYS come first. He/she
is the one to impress.

One more thing, I DO think the Navy would be interested; I wrote many dBase II and
dBaseIII apps when I was there............

Pearce Turpin
lanshark_at_llnl.gov Received on Thu Jul 01 1993 - 23:34:45 CEST

Original text of this message