Re: Oracle and setting time

From: Jonathan Creighton <jcreight_at_samson.us.oracle.com>
Date: 30 Jun 93 21:26:31 GMT

In article <741007254snx_at_kbigate.novalis.public.sub.org>, willyk_at_kbigate.novalis.public.sub.org (Willy Klotz) writes:

> I just installed a timed server
> to synchronize the clocks on two AIX machines - could this lead to
> problems ??

I tried to reply to this message to the effect that installing timed should not result in clocks being set backward, only slowed or speeded up with adjtime(2). However, my 42-line reply was returned by mailer-daemon_at_smurf.sub.org because:

> The recipient of this message has either chosen not to accept Internet mail,
> or it is so large that it is over their current cost limit.

Oh, well. Some people ya just can't reach :-)

     JC

--

Jonathan Creighton, Oracle Corp.
jcreight_at_us.oracle.com or uunet!oracle!jcreight or (415) 506-6404