ora 7.0.12 ref integrity prob...

From: Radhakrishnan Swaminathan <swaminrn_at_ucunix.san.uc.edu>
Date: 29 Jun 1993 18:53:35 -0400

Hi,

   I am designing the DB layer where v will b using oracle 7.0.12. I have a child table T with 3 columns defined as foreign keys on 3 different parent tables. On an insert the manual says for a referential integrity violation, I'll get 2291. But I couldn't get any info on which table that gave this constraint problem. I had to do a select on those 3 parent tables, to find whether the foreign key exists as a row r not. I called ORACLE and they are also looking into it. I went thru' the DBA vol I,II & III, and other manuals and unfortunately I couldn't locate any pertinent info.

Any pointers?

Also please mail your response to the group as well as to swaminrn_at_ucunix.san.uc.edu as I don't get to use this newsgroup often.

Thanks a lot...

Rads... Received on Wed Jun 30 1993 - 00:53:35 CEST

Original text of this message