Oracle DOS SPX under OS/2?

From: Jim Hogan <jimh_at_stein.u.washington.edu>
Date: 29 Jun 1993 16:38:16 GMT

I know, the manual says "Do not attempt to run ORACLE products as DOS tasks under OS/2!"....but it'd be so nice! And it's a challenge!

Seriously, we have a mixed client base on our Netware LAN, and it'd be great to be able to work on DOS client app development without re-booting. I played around with setting up an Oracle-specific environment in a DOS box, including a custom autoexec file to keep my DOS and OS/2 paths/libs distinct, but I get an error when I run SQLSPX, to the effect that the virtual keyboard handler doesn't support A20.

Anybody play around with this? Better yet, get it to work?

Jim

P.S. I'm using OS/2 2.1, Netware Requester 2.01 with OS/2 SPX support enabled, and DOS NETWARE_RESOURCES set to private. Received on Tue Jun 29 1993 - 18:38:16 CEST

Original text of this message