commercial DDBMSs

From: Sameer Soni <sameers_at_cs.tamu.edu>
Date: 25 Jun 1993 22:50:51 GMT

Hi!
I am a second year MS student in computer science at Texas A&M University. Actually, I need to do some literature survey on the implementation techniques employed in the existing commercially available DDBMSs such as Oracle7, Sybase 10 or older version, Distributed INGRES 6.4, Informix-OnLine 5.0 etc. The only relevant information I could get is a posting in the usenet regarding the comparison matrix (by Mr. Drucker). However, I want to know little bit further about the implementation techniques, employed in the above mentioned systems, particularly in the following areas of DDBMSs:-

0. Architecture of the DDBMS from implementation point of view.
1. Concurrency Control
2. Recovery
3. Data Distribution
4. Directory Management and
5. Query optimization

I have already done a comrehensive survey of the different algorithms in the above mentioned areas, both for homogeneous DDBMSs and HDDBMSs. I will appreciate any advice and/or help regarding my concern. In particular, sources of this information, such as, announcements, conference proceedings, manuals etc.

I would like to thank the following persons who have already responded me in this respect:- Donal Daly, Nigel Campbell, Jonathan Leffler, Joe M. Abbate, RW Salnick, Pavan Muzumdar, Devan F. Deway, Elton Wildermuth, Dave Criswell, Rene Bonvanie, Rick Sullivan, and Jeff Dunsmore.

Thanks a lot.
sameer
(Sameer Soni)
sameers_at_cs.tamu.edu Received on Sat Jun 26 1993 - 00:50:51 CEST

Original text of this message