Re: IOUW 93 Proceeding on CD-ROM (CFD)

From: Joseph Bennett <jbennett_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1993 11:55:28 GMT

aaj_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Jambu) writes:

>Oracle people,

>This is a call for discussion on the request for the IOUW 93 proceeding to
>be made available on CD-ROM.

>As those who have read previous IOUW proceedings can testify, the wealth of
>knowledge they contain is most beneficial, BUT it sometimes take ages to
>find the relevant information in the correct sections.

>My proposal is to have this years proceeding also made available on
>CD-ROM as an item that may be purchased from the IOUG shop. My initial
>estimate for its cost is below US$100.

>What do you think about this? If there is enough interest from the Oracle
>community, I will establish a mail box to take votes on the viability of
>this idea and then put forward this suggestion to the IOUW committee and/or
>IOUG commitee

GREAT IDEA! Too bad Oracle (who did the previous IOUW 'books') didn't think of it first. In quantity, I think that $100 is a little high, but still it would be worthwhile.

>Regards
>tony

>--
> _____ ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
> /_ _ /_ __ / |Colonial Mutual Invest Mgmt,Aust (ACN004021809)
> /(_)/ )(_/ \_/(///(/_)/_( |EMAIL: TJambu_at_cmutual.com.au
> \_______/ |PHONE: +61-3-6418448 FAX: +61-3-6076198

*         Joseph Bennett, I can be reached at jbennett_at_netcom.COM            *
*           Netcom - Online Communication Services San Jose, CA              *
* "I have a fear of letting my mind wander, I'm afraid it won't come back"   *
*                "I don't do drugs, I don't have the time."                  *