Forms, Pro*C

From: Somnath Mishra <sm46_at_prism.gatech.EDU>
Date: 24 Jun 93 18:49:58 GMT

Hi netters,

        We are thinking of creating an Oracle*Forms (Forms 4.0) ( combined with SQL*TextRetrieval) application in the next couple of months to be fielded in a client-server architecture. The data server is a Sun machine and the clients include IBM PCs (running windows 3.1 and DOS 5.0) and Macintoshes. The application will be stored in a remote "DOS" drive ( housed in a Sun 4/490) which serves as our application server.

         Our aim is to create an application that is portable across Windows and Macintosh clients. We would appreciate any comments or experiences in this direction. You may post your responses in the net or e-mail me at sm46_at_prism.gatech.edu. Also, any advice about developing a portable Pro*C application ( for example, which C versions are supported by Oracle in PCs and Macintosh) will be welcome. By the way, we are currently using Oracle V6 but plan to move to V7 pretty soon.

Thanks a lot in advance !
Somnath Mishra

--
Somnath Mishra
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!sm46