SQL*Net configuration problem (can't find language file)

From: J. Scott Farrow <farrow_at_spot.Colorado.EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 17:05:04 GMT

I'm running Oracle 7.0.12 on a 486 SCO Unix machine and am trying to configure SQL*Net 2.0.12.

My problem is that I can't run the configuration tool!

Following the instructions in the SQL*Net Administrator's Guide, I created a new database account and ran the following command from the ORACLE=HOME directory (I am logged in as oracle):

net_conf net_conf<passwd> -c vt100

I get the following error message:

Message file iap<lang>.msb not found.

Numerous finds and greps through directories have failed to locate any file with a name like iap*.msb or iap*.msb (should be iapus.msb, right?). Does anyone know where this file is supposed to be? At the moment, I don't have accesss to the distribution tape (it being locked in an absent colleagues's desk), so I can't look for the file there, but I didn't see any errors during installation, so I don't think I will find it on the tape.

Does anyone have any clues about this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

J. Scott Farrow	- OS Programmer/Analyst          farrow_at_spot.colorado.edu
Martin Marietta Technical Services/DOE-Western Area Power Administration
Golden, Colorado, USA                        "Linux Users Do It For Free"