Re: Squid -- or how to represent OO methods in Oracle

From: Bill Meahan <wmeahan_at_ef2007.efhd.ford.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 11:48:12

In article <C91t2s.8ru_at_athena.cs.uga.edu> giber_at_pollux (Carolyn Giberson) writes:

> I'm working on a master's thesis project -- Squid, an object-oriented
> front end for Oracle. Squid object instances have features which can
> be either attributes or methods. All features can be designated as
> public, protected, or private.

Cool! Do you have any plans to make Squid available to "the rest of us" for evaluation/continued development/playing around? Or at least posting more details about Squid?

We are doing quite a bit of "client-server" stuff here and would really like to take an OO approach to what we do. Perhaps Squid would be a potential vehicle for this effort. We can comment on that because we know quite a bit about vehicles :-) :-) :-)

--
Bill Meahan			|EFHD Information Systems Staff
Computer Applications Engineer	|Ford Motor Company