Re: Locking...finding out who's locked what.

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1993 17:54:02 GMT

Alvin W. Law (alaw_at_oracle.com) wrote: : roleary_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au (Rocqueforte OLeary) writes:

: > In SQL*Forms 3.0 I have a from which has implemented locking through
: > enter_query(for_update,no_wait). This works fine, but instead of the
: > standard error message of "Attempting to reserve record for update or
: > delete", I would like to display a message such as "OPS$JBLOGGS has
: > locked 1 or more rows that are in your query". Does anyone out there
: > know how to do this ?

: You can get a list of table locking from v$access and the complete : list of processes from v$process.

Yes....I looked at those...but how can we get the rowid or something to show which row is locked?

Steve Schow    | But you don't have to use the claw, if you
sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw......
(415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......?