Re: Pro*C Help Wanted!

From: Paul Beardsell <paul_at_hoxton.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1993 06:41:45 +0000

In article <bui.739637271_at_honte> bui_at_panda.uleth.ca writes:

>Hi everyone:
>
>After precompiling a Pro*C program (PROG.PC), a C program (PROG.C) is created.
>In this C program, I see several symbols (subroutines) SQLAD2,SQLBS2,SQLCOM,
>SQLEXE,SQLFCH,SQLLO2,SQLOPN,SQLOSQ,SQLSCA,SQLSCC,SQLTLF which I do not their
>exact meanings and functions.
>
>Could anyone tell me where I can find the information on these symbols. May
>I call these subroutines directly in my C program? If yes, to which library
>should I "link", without "lnproc"?
>
>Thank you very much.

>Thang Bui Dept of Math & Comp Sci
> University of Lethbridge
>
> Tel: (403)329 2557
> e-mail: bui_at_alpha.uleth.ca

Oracle do not provide information on these routines, as far as I know. Of course you could call them directly. But you might find it easier to use OCI (the Oracle Call Interface). Documented by Oracle complete with examples. But you have to worry about memory alocation etc.

--

Paul Beardsell                          21 Finn House, Bevenden St, HOXTON,
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                          Hackney, London, N1-6BN, UK.