How to export a user's tables to another user?

From: Shirley <shirley_at_odin.mda.uth.tmc.edu>
Date: 17 Jun 1993 13:29:45 GMT

I have tried to do the following:

     Export user_A's tables to user_B
user_A is in tablespace TS_A and user_B is in tablespace TS_B.

I used the exp utility to do the export on the User Level mode. Everything is fine expect for the indexes. Some of the tables in user_A have indexes in another tablespace, TS_Index.

After user_B has import the tables, I do the following select Index_Name, Tablespace_Name from user_indexes where Table_Owner =
'user_B'

The results returned from the above query:

Index_Name Tablespace_Name

Index1		TS_A
Index2                TS_A
Index3                TS_A

To be sure that I have created those Indexes in the right tablespace to begin with, I do the following:
select Index_Name, Tablespace_Name from user_indexes where Table_Owner =
'user_A'

The results returned from the above query:

Index_Name Tablespace_Name

Index1      	TS_Index
Index2                TS_Index
Index3                TS_Index

I would the those indexes to be in tablespace TS_Index. Are there other options short of dropping them and recreate the indexes? Received on Thu Jun 17 1993 - 15:29:45 CEST

Original text of this message