Patch 4 for Oraperl posted to comp.sources.misc

From: Kevin Stock <kstock_at_encore.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1993 19:26:43 GMT

Patch 4 for Oraperl version 2 has been posted to comp.sources.misc. Oraperl is a set of extensions for Perl which allow it to access Oracle databases. It is known to work on a wide range of hardware with Oracle versions 5 to 7.

You need Perl (v3.0.27 or better) and Oracle (including the Oracle Call Interface) to build Oraperl. If you can build Larry's Curseperl, then you can also build Coraperl, which is Oraperl with Curses.

I didn't intend to release this patch. Work on DBperl (a standard for database access from Perl) is well underway, and the next release of Oraperl should have been version 3, which would have been DBperl compliant.

However, I have been laid off as part of a cost cutting exercise here, and I don't know when I'll be able to get net access again. So, this patch tidies up a few outstanding issues. It does not introduce any major functionality.

As I no longer have access to the net, please do not try to send me mail. If you really want, you can write to me at the address below, but please enclose an International Reply Coupon if you want a reply. I won't have access to a system running Oracle, so I probably won't be able to give you much help.

        Kevin Stock

	5 rue de la Liberation
	78660 ABLIS
	France