Re: What causes "shutdown immediate" to fail?

From: Rob Logie <logier_at_qus102.qld.tne.oz.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1993 22:41:49 GMT

karell_at_cs.Helsinki.FI (Esa Karell) writes:

>If "shutdown immediate" fails (just hangs) does it mean
>that there are oracle processes running that ignore
>signals? Are there any negative sideeffects on using
>"shutdown abort"?
>--

>Esa Karell karell_at_cs.Helsinki.FI
>Tel. +358-0 513 081 /home

Under Unix, Shutdown Immediate will fail if it is used

"sqldba shutdown immediate"

For some reason, if you enter sqldba, then give the shutdown command it will work more reliably. This can be done in shell scripts via the "Here is" constructs.

regards

--
Rob Logie,      Telecom Australia | The opions expressed are mine alone and in
Telstra Corp.     ACN 051 775 556 | no-way reflect the views or policies of the