Mixed C and COBOL on VMS?

From: Greg Sommerville <gsommer_at_andersen.com>
Date: 15 Jun 1993 17:09:15 -0500

Has anyone used embedded Oracle SQL with COBOL and C mixed programs on VMS? I've got one that seems fine - up to a point. I can open a database, do some processing, and then, when I try to do a COMMIT - blammo! Access violation! (How's that for dramatics?)

Here's some more detail:

	COBOL Code - CALL 'SQLOPEN' USING BY REFERENCE ...
	C Code - <SQLOPEN> EXEC SQL CONNECT ...
	COBOL Code - bunch of SQL statements, which work fine
	COBOL Code - CALL 'SQLCLOSE' USING BY VALUE ...
	C Code - <SQLCLOSE> EXEC SQL COMMIT;

Seems simple enough to me. BTW, I linked using LNPROCOB.

Anyone have any clues? Received on Wed Jun 16 1993 - 00:09:15 CEST

Original text of this message