Naming Oracle Trace Files

From: Paul Knights <pgk_at_dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 14 Jun 93 09:08:49 GMT

Does anyone know whether it is possible to have some control over the naming of the trace files in Oracle 6.0? I want to automate the process of retrieving a trace file and so I need to know in advance the name given.

The Installation Guide says:

A trace file has the name

(e.g. ora_4_1234_test.trc)

But it mentions nothing about naming the file yourself.

Original text of this message