Retrieving uncommitted modified data

From: <adong_at_galaxy.gov.bc.ca>
Date: 14 Jun 93 10:40:49 -0700

Hi,

How do you retrieve uncommitted modified data records for new record validation?

The senario is a master/detail form. I have queried and modified a date on an existing detail record. I then "next record key" down to create a new record without having committed my change. Part of the new record validation requires access to the date on all detail records including any uncommitted modified dates.

I thought that the POST command would write the data to the database and allow the data to be read by the same transaction stream. I was assuming that the validation would use the same transaction stream until a commit was done. Alas it doesn't do what I had hoped.

Is this something you normally do in SQLFORMS or do you always force the user to commit before leaving the modified record?

Thanks for your help,
Allan Received on Mon Jun 14 1993 - 19:40:49 CEST

Original text of this message