Re: Oracle 7 on SunOS configuration question

From: Paul Narth <pnarth_at_axion.bt.co.uk>
Date: 11 Jun 1993 09:28:22 GMT

Hi

We're also using Oracle 7.0.12 under SunOS 4.1.3 and using X11.

To get forms 3 working with the correct keys, I had to do the following.

  1. If there is a line in the .xsession file that maps R1, R2 etc. to PF1, PF2 etc. (using xmodmap for vt100 emulation) then comment it out, and restart X.
  2. open an xterm with the argument -sf (Sun function keys) and a window size of at least 80x25 eg xterm -sf -g 80x25 -n SQL*Forms3 -T SQL*Forms3
  3. In this new window, type sqlforms30 -c xtermsun:sun

forms3 should now have the correct keys mapped. (There should be an xtermsun.r file in the ORACLE_HOME/forms30/admin/resource directory).

This -c option works with SQL*Forms3, SQL*Menu5, Oracle*Terminal. ReportWriter is a little different. I haven't needed to use it yet, but opening an xterm in a similar fashion to above and then doing

   sqlrep term=srw_sun
appears to work. As I will need to use it soon, any feedback on this would be appreciated!

I haven't bothered with a login.sql and I haven't used oraterm.r , but looking at it with Oracle*Terminal, it holds definitions for vt100, vt220, UPGRD100, UPGRD220, and DEC DEFAULT terminals, so I don't think you will need to use this file.

Hope this helps

Paul

Paul Narth
B81/G61
BT Labs, Martlesham Heath,
Ipswich, Suffolk
England, UK. IP5 7RE

p.narth_at_axion.bt.co.uk Received on Fri Jun 11 1993 - 11:28:22 CEST

Original text of this message