Re: SQL*LOAD question / Help

From: Tony Damon <ardamon_at_srv.PacBell.COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1993 00:17:46 GMT

In article 11835_at_stortek.com, v045100_at_otis1.stortek.com (Jennifer Farnham) writes:
>This should be fairly easy for regular users of
>SQL*LOAD.
>
>Here is my .ctl file:
>
>load data
>infile newdata.dat
>append
>into table hp_drive_test
>fields terminated by ","
> (ser_part_id, prod_tag, fru_ser_seq,
> fru_bld_dt DATE "DD_MON-YY",
> soft_err_tot, tot_def_worst_hd, max_inc_sk_avg,
> max_full_sk_avg, avg_sk, npes_nrro, npes_rro,
> spinup_time, run_current, row_add_dt ..... problem field)
>
>I want to put the current system date "sysdate" into the
>field called row_add_dt. How do I tell sql*load this?
>
>I know I can do this -----> row_add_dt constant "08-JUN-93"
>
>BUT, obviously, i don't want to have to do this everytime I load.
>
>Send help to: Jenny_Farnham_at_stortek.com
>or post to this newsgroup. Thanks!

According to the Utilities User's Guide Version 6.0 ...

...this feature is available as of Version 1.1 of SQL*Loader. A column defined specified with SYSDATE gets the current system date, as defined by the SQL Language SYSDATE function.

so,
spinup_time, run_current, row_add_dt SYSDATE)

should do it.

The database column must be of type CHAR or DATE. If the column is of type CHAR, then date is loaded in the form "dd-mon-yy." After the load, it can only be accessed in that form. If the system date is loaded into a DATE column, then it can be accessed in a variety of forms that include the time as well as the date.

Tony Damon Received on Fri Jun 11 1993 - 02:17:46 CEST

Original text of this message