Re: Need C-sources to manipulate SQL-databases - Need Info !

From: Thomas Feil SGI-Germany SE CSD-Munich <thomasf_at_thomasf.munich.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1993 11:32:49 GMT

My experience is that you have to have a dedicated lib for a special database to retrieve or manipulate data in a database.

Most databases have a 'embedded C-SQL' that allows you to use SQL-statements
within a C-source to do requests to the database.

I've seen this implementation together with a server-backend process that handles the requests you do from your application.

Further SQL does not have to do anything with the physical layout of a database-file; its only a language to do queries to a database.

Therefore I'm in dout that you would be successful in getting a public domain
package that works with any database of your joice.

Regards,

Thomas

--

| Silicon Graphics Germany (CSD)|