Re: GUPTA & SQLNET

From: Chris Claborne <claborne_at_npg-sd.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: 9 Jun 93 00:17:19 GMT

In <19930607122050.daren_at_firefly.ucs.mun.ca> daren_at_morgan.ucs.mun.ca (Daren Janes) writes:

>Hello Netters:
>-
>I am attemting to get GUPTA's GUI tools working using ORACLE's
>SQLNET. I am using the windows version 1.1 of ORACLE SQLNET in
>conjunction with FTP's PC/TCP 2.1 TCP/IP software. I have version
>2.0.1 of GUPTA SQLROUTER/ORACLE. GUPTA SQLTALK seems to work find
>but GUPTA QUEST abends bigtime on a query to to oracle remote
>database with general protection faults and eventually hangs my
>486-50 16MB machine. If anybody is using a similar configuration
>please let me know your version numbers and/or anything else I
>might be messing up.
>-
>-
>Daren, Memorial University of Newfoundland

   I just received my newst version of Gupta SQL*Router ver 2.1.0. After reading the manual and talking to Gupta they said it will work. I can't even get a connection to Oracle using the new Oracle Sql*NET for windows.

   I have a help request in and am waiting for an answer. I will let you know if I find anything else out. Please let me know if you find anything out.

                                    ...  __o
chris.claborne_at_sandiegoca.ncr.com  ...(*)/ (*).                 CI$: 76340.2422