COPY vrs cursor FETCH and INSERT over network?

From: Bruce Arbuckle <brucea_at_atlastele.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1993 15:21:34 GMT

I am working on an application that requires getting data from a database on system A to a database on system B. Both are miles apart and connected on a LAN. I have used the COPY between databases (ORACLE instances) on the same system with no problem. I have heard a "rumor" that the OPY process over a network was not "as reliable" as the use of cursors with a FETCH and INSERT.

Do any of you have personal experience with either of these that (over a network) you would be willing to share with me? How did you handle network down? How about Array size?

Please post or email me.

Thanks in advance

brucea_at_atlas.telecom

--
Bruce Arbuckle                                    EMAIL: brucea_at_atlastele.com