Oracle clients under BC++ 3.1, DOS & Windows

From: <esanchez_at_mmrree.gov.ec>
Date: 7 Jun 1993 12:09:52 -0500

Hello, we are planning to buy the Oracle 7.0 engine for SCO Unix and use it in a client-server fashion. Our clients will be stations using MS-DOS or MS-Windows, and we plan to do all our development with C++ (Borland C++ 3.1) however we have been told that:

  • Oracle clients run only under MS-Windows not DOS
  • Oracle clients run only with Microsoft C not Borland C++ Are this statements true? Also, we plan to use TCP/IP as the protocol to connect the server and the stations (we have a big Netware LAN already installed), could anyone recommend me the TCP/IP software that best suits our needings. Your help and comments will be greatly appreciated, please try to answer to my e-mail address (esanchez_at_mmrree.gov.ec) in order not to clobber the newsgroup, I promise to summarize the answers.
    Edgar Sanchez esanchez_at_mmrree.gov.ec Division de Informacion Division of Information Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores Ministry of Foreign Affairs Quito, Ecuador - Sudamerica Quito, Ecuador - Southamerica