Financials v9.3 journal import question

From: Mark Madsen <mm79+_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: 4 Jun 93 17:54:06 GMT

We have an installation of Financials being used as a financial database, rather than a straight ledger. This means almost all of the data in it is inserted in batch mode via the journal import mechanism in a short period of time. The journal import and posting process is a severe bottleneck forsystem performance.

We're looking at two basic solutions: real big hardware, or reconfigure Financials to allow multiple journal imports and multiple postings to occur at the same time. The former is costly but easy, so it appeals to some people here, including some of our contacts from Oracle (and the hardware vendor). The latter is complicated but cheaper. Has anyone done anything with Oracle Financials to try and speed up or parallelize journal import and posting? If so, how did you do it and how did you handle error correction since the package functions won't work if you make these changes?

Mark Madsen Received on Fri Jun 04 1993 - 19:54:06 CEST

Original text of this message