Oracle and Vines

From: Baier Juergen <baier_at_cfruni51.bitnet>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1993 09:02:39 GMT

Hello Oracle Users

I'm working for the Swiss CIM Project in Fribourg. We are using Banyan Vines with Oracle 6.0.33.1.9.
Since January 93 we have Vines 5.50 on our servers and thats where the problems started. Oracle is not supported on Vines 5.50 and Oracle support cannot give us a date when it will.
We had to go back with one server to Vines 4.11 to keep our system running. I would like to hear or read from other Vines-Oracle users how they resolved this problem. Here in Switzerland we are the only ones using this combination so there in nobody to ask.

The problem lies somewhere in the communication the ora_srv process gets stuck when there are more than one user doing a logout in a very shot delay. (1 sec)

Juergen Baier CIMCCSO Switzerland

 E-Mail: baier_at_cfruni51.bitnet
or X400: s=baier;c=ch;a=arcom;p=cimnet;o=cimccso/cacgi Received on Tue Jun 01 1993 - 11:02:39 CEST

Original text of this message