Any experiences using a compress backup?

From: Daryl Erwin <derwin_at_mach2.wlu.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1993 19:43:18 GMT

*UNIX* It has been mentioned here a couple of time and I think its part of the FAQ, the idea of exports being compressed on the fly to the output file.

What I am interested in is any experiences good or bad and how this affected your time to save/retrieve?

BTW, we plan to do this to tape.

Thanks.

--
Daryl Erwin                                     Net Address: derwin_at_mach2.WLU.CA
Information Systems                             Surface Mail: P4-1, Main Campus