AIX, Oracle 7, Forms 3, error on locked records

From: Willy Klotz <willyk_at_kbigate.novalis.public.sub.org>
Date: Sun, 30 May 93 12:20:06 GMT

I am new to Oracle 7. We run the database on an RS/6000 with AIX 3.2.3. Currently, we only "play around" and do training with the RDBMS and the Oracle Tools.

We tried concurrent updates in SQL*FORMS. When one user tries to change a record, this record is locked. If a second user wants to update the same record, FORMS sends a message that the record could not be locked (sorry, I don't have the message number or text handy). Then is issues a question like "countinue (yes, no)" and waits for a reply.

After the user replies, the next thing that happens is that AIX tells you something about an "illegal instruction" and you get a core dump :-(

Has anyone else had the same problem, and how did you resolve it ? Oracle Support knows about the problem, but does not have an answer yet.

Willy

Willys Mail FidoNet 2:2407/46 Mail Only System GlobalNet 52:4907/4 USR Courier HST dual standard CIS: 100020,3517 willyk_at_kbigate.novalis.public.sub.org