Re: comparing/constrasting rdbms's

From: Daniel Druker <ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu>
Date: 28 May 93 23:39:05 PDT

In article <1993May28.235332.8697_at_cognos.com> nigelc_at_cognos.com (Nigel Campbell) writes:
>In article <JKELLY.93May27180653_at_kariba.bbn.com> jkelly_at_bbn.com (Jim Kelly) writes:
>>
>>I (along with others it sounds like) am looking for info which compares and
>>contrasts relational databases. The features matrix which Dan Drucker is
>
> I'm curious to see if this is the former ddrucker_at_oracle.com

                                                  ^^^^^^
Yes it is. Actually its ddruker though...

This is in part why I'm being exceptionally careful to solicit maximal amounts of feedback from the network on this matrix. I have also submitted it via email to all of the rdbms vendors mentioned so they have a chance for reviewing its accuracy. Finally, I have and continue to encourage netland and vendors to send in additional feature categories to make sure my own biases have not affected the document in any way.

I think I am somewhat qualified to put together a document like this, as I specialized in competitive technical sales and benchmarks for a number of years and thus know all the products pretty well.

I am now at UCLA studying for my MBA degree and doing some part time independent database consulting for kicks. Thus let me stress the term former mentioned above is indeed the case, and I am not a vendor ringer, as Nigel may or may not be implying above.

If you sense any bias in the document, please let me know and I will work hard to correct it. I've already removed some Oracleisms in the latest draft, and tried to make all the features make sense to people coming from backgrounds in the different products.

Regards,

  • Dan

Daniel Druker
Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA

| Dan Druker                                                               |
| agsm mail 	: ddruker                                                  |
| internet 	: ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                                    |
| oracle*mail	: unix:ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                               |

Disclaimer: None. I'm a student now and I don't care what you think. Received on Sat May 29 1993 - 08:39:05 CEST

Original text of this message