Re: User input in forms

From: <hazledine_at_embl-heidelberg.de>
Date: 28 May 93 16:56:29 +0100

In article <1993May28.060403.9681_at_uws.EDU.AU>, roleary_at_st.nepean.uws.edu.au (Rocqueforte OLeary) writes:

> G'day,
> This problem is best explained using an example:
> A user has just made some changes to the form. She presses Commit/Accept.
> What I want to happen now is for Oracle to display a pop-up screen which says
> "Press <key> to commit, any other key to ignore changes". I've got the pop-up
> Screen working (It'd be a problem if I couldn't do *THAT*), but what I can't
> get working is the user input i.e. How do I get the value the user enters ?

If you define your pop-up screen to be a separate block, how about a block-level KEY-COMMIT trigger which forces a commit and a block-level KEY-OTHERS trigger which forces a rollback?

David Hazledine                                                EMBL Data Library
Database Administrator                                                PF 10.2209
EMBL Data Library                                       6900 Heidelberg, Germany

Internet: Hazledine_at_EMBL-Heidelberg.DE