Bounced to group

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au>
Date: 28 May 93 16:29:29 GMT

I tried direct mail to md_at_datasci.co.uk.co.uk, but it bounced, so I'll post back to the group.

In comp.databases.oracle you write:

>First of all I applologise if this is a FOQ, but does
>Oracle (RDBMS, Forms, Menus & Net) run under Solaris 2 yet?

Yes, in fact V7 was available first. V6 for Solaris 2 has since been released, but is primarily for developers porting to other boxes from their Solaris 2 development platform.

BTW: [set ASBESTOS on] I *do* think it time that those of use who use this group should adopt some protocol to decrease the bandwidth and disk required while still retaining its usefullness.

One thing that seems to work well for mailling lists is for questions to be posed to the group. A response summary is posted by the recipient. This should have the key word 'SUMMARY: ' at the start of the subject.

If this is done it becomes much easier to *grep the subjects and decide what you want to keep and what can go to /dev/null.

Should there be other 'key' words so that sites with limited disk but still wanting to archive most of the group can recognize? Perhaps 'Q: ....' as the subject for questions?

Feed direct to me and I'll post a summary.

Regards

--
David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11