Re: drop tabblespace XXX including contents

From: Lee Parsons <lparsons_at_exlogcorp.exlog.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 93 16:24:22 GMT

> I understand ,eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil said 'that problem is
> "KNOWN" bug so do not use INCLUDING CONTENTS qualifier' and
> lparsons_at_exlog.com said 'recreate the entire DB and import is
> better way'.

 Just to set the record straight I don't think recreateing is  the 'Better' but in my example it was quicker to recreate than  to wait for the drop to complete

 I'm suprised your option was any quicker it seem to me that  a drop table space has got to spend all of his time in the  datadictionary cleaning up the extents and segments tables.  Why would you do one I/O to a TS you are about to drop if  all the info you need is in SYSTEM?

 If you zap the tablespace by putting a smaller version on top of  it you still have to go through the same process later. but may  be that is the point you get the space and do the drop LATER.

 Can you offline the 12gb TS, delete it and drop it later without  having to create the 10K replacement TS? I sure thought so.

 Humm. I wonder if they would notice if PAYROLL_TS1 went missing ;-).

Lee E. Parsons       |	Actually officer, if you consider the speed of the
Inteq, Inc.          |      earth's rotation, we were all speeding.
lparsons_at_exlog.com   |