Re: drop tabblespace XXX including contents

From: Takeshi Kabata <kabata_at_psrc.isac.co.jp>
Date: 28 May 93 05:04:44 GMT

Thank for anser to my quesion.

I understand ,eckhardg_at_radon.brooks.af.mil said 'that problem is  "KNOWN" bug so do not use INCLUDING CONTENTS qualifier' and lparsons_at_exlog.com said 'recreate the entire DB and import is better way'.

At the time to drop tablespace , I had no time and no disk space to recreate DB.So I took follow steps and get around that condition.

	1	check data files count(A).
	2	create small tablespace ( about 10k bytes ).
	3	shutdown DB.
	4	2's datafile copys to datafiles you want to drop
		as original datafile name.
	5	% sqldba
	6	SQLDBA> startup nomount
	7	SQLDBA> connect internal
	8	SQLDBA> alter database mount;
	9	SQLDBA> alter database datafile '?????' offline;
		( ????? is 4's copyed datafiles )
	10	SQLDBA> alter database dismount;
	11	SQLDBA> disconnect
	12	At this step,I have disk space.So I can create
		tablespace , that name is differ though.
	13	after doing drop tablespace statement  concurrently
		normal service.

This step has One big problem.Oracle V6 on SunOS require that datafile's count is under 62.If you can make no more datafile, I can't help it.

  • o `OO kabata_at_isac.co.jp ---/- (VV) extention #65
    • / / || 03-3406-1645 ~~~~~ ^^