comparing/constrasting rdbms's

From: Jim Kelly <jkelly_at_bbn.com>
Date: 27 May 93 18:06:53

I (along with others it sounds like) am looking for info which compares and contrasts relational databases. The features matrix which Dan Drucker is putting together is great (a version went around a day or so ago); I'd also be interesting in hearing from anyone who would like to share their experiences, general and/or specific, regarding the various relational relational database products (oracle, sybase, informix, ingres, etc.). Surely this is not a unique need and if anyone knows of any articles, reports, or other references which evaluate rdbms's with regard to items such as price, required hardware, market share, performance issues, etc. I'd appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks!
-Jim Received on Thu May 27 1993 - 18:06:53 CEST

Original text of this message