Journaling updates to tables

From: Andrew Jones (lrpr_at_unb.ca) <LRPR_at_UNB.CA>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1993 20:06:43 GMT

    Hi! Does anyone know if the ORACLE V6 built-in journalling/logging features (inside the DB engine, NOT generated code from the CASE tool) include the following information:

Who - What ORACLE user id made the change When - Timestamp of when change was made What - what data was replaced/deleted/inserted?

   Our consultants are not sure the "What" question information is available except from the CASE tool stuff; we'd like to avoid using that, as it just adds code to the app. and doesn't cover ad-hoc reporting access to the DB. Thanks in advance,

  ANDREW JONES (LRPR_at_UNB.CA) Received on Thu May 27 1993 - 22:06:43 CEST

Original text of this message