Client/server under V7 probs.

From: <sharmp_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 25 May 93 14:19:24 +1000

We are having problems with a Version 7 database we have just created here. The database seems to be accessible in every way except via SQL*Net. We can do a SQLPLUS SCOTT/TIGER without problems, but doing a SQLPLUS SCOTT/TIGER_at_d:cnb13v::"task=ordndev7a" returns an ORA-6040 error. To make things even more difficult, if we connetc to the database and then try to re-connect using CONNECT SCOTT/TIGER_at_d:cnb13v::"task=ordndev7a" we get an ORA-6034 error.

It is vitally important that we get this fixed as we are attempting to develop an application for Production use by August usign ORACLE7 and Forms 4 client/ server, and as yet we can't even access the database. Does anyone have any ideas? The software we are using is

	VAX/VMS 5.5-2
	ORACLE 7.0.12.0.0
	SQL*Net DECnet driver 1.1.19 (linked single task)

I tried to use SQL*Net 2.0 but got errors from the configuration tool (couldn't find user exits). Has anyone used the configuration tool successfully?

Regards

Peter Received on Tue May 25 1993 - 06:19:24 CEST

Original text of this message