Re: Novel SQL server and Oracle

From: radical two <ben_at_carie.mcs.mu.edu>
Date: 24 May 1993 01:46:49 GMT

In article <1993May21.033539.143444_at_zeus.calpoly.edu> jpalmer_at_tuba.calpoly.edu (John Palmer) writes:
> I am considering the purchase of Novell SQL server to be used with my
> Oracle V6 database. I want to run Oracle on a workstation and access
> from a WAN using Omnis 7 and Novell clients. Is this a good option?
> Am I about to make an expensive mistake?
>
> Thanks for your consideration in this matter,
>
> John Palmer
> jpalmer_at_oboe.calpoly.edu

The Novell/Oracle combination works very well, but you may want to consider setting up a dedicated Oracle server (seperate from the file-server). This will make a big difference in performance.

Ben

e-mail -- ben_at_carie.mcs.mu.edu (NeXTmail welcome) Received on Mon May 24 1993 - 03:46:49 CEST

Original text of this message