Re: Oracle V6 under OS/2?

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 19 May 93 19:03:48 GMT

mcrider_at_acca.nmsu.edu (Mcrider) writes:

>I am currently running Oracle V6 on a DOS-based 386 with 8 MB of
>RAM and a 340 MB hard drive. I recently acquired a copy of
>OS/2 2.0 and I would like to make the switch. If anyone has any
>advice based on experience with such a conversion, I'd appreciate
>hearing from you.

>Thanks in advance.
>--
>John Crain mcrider_at_acca.nmsu.edu

>AMA #653500 BMWMOA #41593
  You will not be able to run the DOS version of Oracle under OS/2.   You can get an OS/2 2.x version of Oracle though. I am currently   using Oracle CASE tools with version 6 of the RDBMS on an OS/2 2.0   machine. 1 Gb HD and 16 Mb RAM.

  I just moved our data from the older DOS based machine using EXP   on the DOS machine and IMP on the OS/2 machine. No problems at all.

  Rich Holowczak
  Rutgers University
  holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Wed May 19 1993 - 21:03:48 CEST

Original text of this message