Re: Update problem with Forms 3.0

From: <champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 19 May 93 09:25:43 +1000

I'm having trouble replying through our news service, so this is actually a direct post.

I'm not sure what's causing your problem but there is (hopefully) a way to get more info on the problem. Normally when you get an 'Unable to insert' error you can get additional help from forms. On our VAX terminals we use GOLD-HELP. You should check to see what key combo KEY-HELP is mapped to on your system. Once you have found it, run the form, let the error happen and as soon as you get control again, press KEY-HELP. This normally brings up a fuller explanation of why Oracle counldn't insert the record (like trying to insert a null value in a not null column). Try this out and let me know how you get on.

Bye for now.

    /\       Steven Champness (champs_at_cnb07v.hhcs.gov.au)
   /  \      Dept of Health, Housing, Local Govt and Community Services
  /    \     Brisbane, Queensland via Canberra, Australia
 /      \

/ / \ The opinions expressed above were forcibly implanted in my head \ / / / by aliens from Alpha Zeltex 4, during a recent Invasion attempt.  \/ / / /
  \/ / /     MACINTOSH      : If you need a manual to operate it, it wasn't
   \/ /      SOFTWARE AXIOM : designed properly in the first place !!!!