Re: sqlloader

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 18 May 1993 22:20:14 GMT

tjw00_at_zombie.uucp (Tom Wye) writes:

>Help...
>
>This sounds like a simple question but I must be missing something.

>SQLLOADER comma delimited file

>I dont want to load every field, so how do I tell SQLLOADER to skip over
>certain fields. I have used the position(*+1) but that only skips over
>one character not one field?

I asked Oracle Support this very question a few weeks ago. The answer, apparently, is you can't. :-( (At least not in Oracle 7.0.12.)

Your best option is to write a quickie program (in awk or perl, perhaps) to rewrite the datafile, keeping only the fields you want. You can pipe this to sqlloader rather than write it to disk, if you prefer.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)