Re: IPX version of orasrv- whats needed on SCO?

From: Shiraz Kanga <skanga_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1993 22:24:00 GMT

In article <1t0cfa$6ui_at_hsc.usc.edu> mcitron_at_hsc.usc.edu (Mark Citron) writes:
>We have a copy of IPX oraserv for SCO unix. My question is, do we need to
>have SCO's IPX running to run Oracle's oraserv ipx?
>
>Is there anything special we need to have running on SCO? Do we need to
>have the development system for SCO and relink our forms binaries?
>
>Most of our applications will be to run ipx on a pc with oracle forms against
>a database on SCO unix. Does there need to be a Novell server involved???
>
>Thanks for any help
>Mark Citron
>Childrens Hospital LA

SQL*Net is NOT a protocol in itself. It sits on top of the protocol (almost any one) and talks to the API of the underlying protocol. Hence that underlying protocol/network must always be operational before loading SQL*Net.

Note: SQL*Net Async is an exception to this rule.

shiraz
speaking for myself as always.

--
Shiraz Kanga (skanga_at_oracle.com) Tel: (415)506-5412 Fax: (415)506-7822
Analyst -- Desktop Tools Group -- Worldwide Technical Support -- 3OP11