Re: GUI with ProC

From: Tom Poindexter <tpoind_at_advtech.uswest.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1993 13:58:12 GMT

In article <m23141.737320930_at_mwunix> m23141_at_mwunix.mitre.org (Patrick Jones) writes:
>Does anyone know a source of information on writing ProC
>code to connect ORACLE to a graphical user interface?

I'm not sure I understand your question, are you looking for GUI libraries that are compatible with ProC? A "how to" guide to write such programs? What platform is your target? (Unix/X11, Windows, Mac, et.al.?)

I'm currently writing an Oracle OCI interface to Tcl/Tk. Tcl is "Tool Command Language", Tk is the X11 extensions to the language. See comp.lang.tcl for general Tcl info.

Tcl/Tk is probably the easiest way to write X11 applications, IMHO. It's also quite easy to add your own code to Tcl.

Last year I wrote Sybtcl, a Sybase to Tcl interface. Included with the package is "wisql", Windowing ISQL. Wisql is an SQL interface that uses text entry, scrollable result lists, familiar Motif style menu buttons, etc. I've also started writing "Wosql", a similar program for Oracle.

I don't have a release date planned yet, I'll announce here when it's ready. (assuming I can get management approval for release)

--
Tom Poindexter     tpoind_at_uswest.com  or  tpoindex_at_nyx.cs.du.edu