Putting Large Objects into a Database (V7)?

From: Ein Teeist <franz.krojer_at_ap.mchp.sni.de>
Date: 11 May 1993 12:37:09 GMT

I have read the manuals for Oracle 7.0 and know only two possibilities for putting Large Object (LONG, LONG RAW) into the DB:
1. Hold the Large Object totaly in the memory und make an insert. 2. Use the special program sqlload, which moves a file into the DB.

I have not found the possibility to put a Large Object in small portions from memory to the Database (reading is possible with the OCI-function oflng, but not writing in small portions).

Who knows more?

--
Franz Krojer, SNI AP 154
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6, D-8000 Muenchen 83, Germany