SQLFORMS 2.3: How query with where clause in trigger?

From: David Cox <dcox_at_relay.nswc.navy.mil>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1993 18:31:34 GMT

The operator using a SQLFORMS 2.3 application I maintain is not comfortable using the "placeholder" or "variable" method of querying on records with a null value for a certain field, where one enters query, types a colon and some identifier in a field, execute query, and references the :identifier in a where clause. Yes, I know one solution is to have the operator practice enough until she is comfortable, but I would like to have a key trigger accomplish this type of query. I can enter query, copy text to a field, and execute query in the trigger well enough, but then I am stuck how to have the query accomplish the where clause portion of this operation. How can I do this? Similarly, I want to do a similar operation in another SQLFORMS application, where I want a key trigger to do a query where a certain date field is less than a week from today, in which I run up against the same problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

These are one-block forms, so I plan to use the KEY-NXTBLK trigger since it's available, but I was just curious, if I used one of the KEY-Fn Function Key triggers, how could I access them from a VT100 terminal definition, since all the function keys (1-8 on numeric keypad, PF1-PF4, minus, plus, enter, period and 0 on numeric keypoad) seem to be spoken for? I suppose what I mean is, what is the definition, or escape sequences, for the VT100 function keys in this context. This question is not real important, I can live without this info, I was just curious. Actually, I probably have this information archived from the time I was struggling with SQL REPORTWRITER versus my VT100 emulator (TCP/CONNECT II-A on a Macintosh). Any helpful comments about the KEY-Fn function triggers will be appreciated, but my real need is the question in the first paragraph. Thanks.

David Cox

David Cox Received on Tue May 11 1993 - 20:31:34 CEST

Original text of this message