Re: Oracle V7.0.12 import bug

From: David Bath <dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au>
Date: 10 May 93 23:38:00 GMT

frank_at_lgc.com (Michael Frank) writes:

>Currently the version 7 imp utility parameter touser
>does not write into that users default tablespace
>if it does not have permission on the tablespace
>specified in the exported files. For example I
>export user1 tables and I wish to import into
>user2 who has a different tablespace.

Again, you should all become aware of the undocumented indexfile= option to imp (I am not sure about v7 - use thge UNIX strings command on the imp executable and find it). This creates a file with table create statements REMmed out and index creation statements as normal.

You edit this to whatever you want and run it through SQL*Plus.

Then run IMP as normal.

--
David T. Bath             | Email:dtb_at_otto.bf.rmit.oz.au (131.170.40.10)
Senior Tech Consultant    | Phone: +61 3 347-7511 TZ=AEST-10AEDST-11