Re: Oracle Performance Benchmarks

From: John OBrien <RAID7_at_world.std.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 17:27:40 GMT

Richard Finklestein writes:

>You may want to look in-depth into the Oracle benchmarks. I have written
>about the misleading nature of the results and the twists and turns that
>Oracle (with the help of hardware vendors) went through in order to
>obtain the results. Recently, the Standish Group also joined in to
>condemn the TPC committee, the auditors, and Oracle for publishing these
>ridiculous figures. If benchmarks are important to you, I would highly
>recommend you perform your own.

We would appreciate it if the specific hardware vendors involved could be named when comments like this are posted, rather than lumping all hardware vendors together, regarding this situation. Storage Computer has had nothing at all to do with this situation, and we stand by our benchmark tests showing 2X-5X improvements in I/O intensive applications, with our disk array platforms. We also "highly" agree with RF's comment that, "If benchmarks are important to you, I would highly recommend that you perform your own."

John O'Brien
Storage Computer Corp.
Nashua, NH USA
Tel. 603-880-3005 Received on Thu May 06 1993 - 19:27:40 CEST

Original text of this message