Re: Experiences with SQLTCP.DLL (Windows Sql*Ne

From: Todd Young <tyoung_at_stpaul.ncr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1993 14:20:10

Well.......

I have been using the SQL-Net Windows version for some time now. While it does perform well, it is not exactly what I had hoped. It is nice not to have to load up the SQLTCP program. But; it still locks up Windows while performing queries. I spoke to Oracle about this, and they said it would require a major redesign to alter the behavior (IE Selecting Data rather that hanging reads from the TCP kernel).

My guess is that when the Oracle Win-Sock version is released(?!?!) this will be corrected, as it is more of a message based environment.

Todd Young Todd.Young_at_St.Paul.NCR.com NCR Corp.
612-638-7582
"What, Me Worry ?" Received on Thu May 06 1993 - 14:20:10 CEST

Original text of this message