NUTSHELL Software Query

From: <bpholmes_at_ac.dal.ca>
Date: 5 May 93 15:11:16 -0300

I am currently creating a database using the software programme NUTSHELL. The database is concerned with the faculty at a university from 1903 to 1960.

One of my fields concerns the years in which a particular person worked at the university (i.e. a unique person with each record). If I enter, say, 1943-1957 in the field, I want NUTSHELL to retrieve the record if a user wants, say, all the staff members for 1951. Currently, I have not found a way to do this, and I don't want to have to enter every relevant year in the field.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

(If you know the answer, please respond using e-mail, therefore avoiding cluttering up the NEWS.)

Thank-you in advance for your assistance.

Boyd Holmes
Dalhousie University Received on Wed May 05 1993 - 20:11:16 CEST

Original text of this message