From CHAR to DATE with sqlload

From: Pascal Pitre <pascal_at_BComeau.Hydro.Qc.CA>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1993 17:43:35 GMT

I am experiencing a little problem with sqlloader. I have a date in char format. The problem is that i there is blank in the date. Ex. :

                   1 168
for the 1st of January of 1968. The date have blanks in a text file i am trying to import in Oracle with sqlloader. I tried with vi, but the date is not always in the same column in the file. I am aware that this is maybe simple and due to a lack of knowledge from me, then forgive me, i would like an answer anyway. If i have other questions like this, i will create a news group comp.database.sql maybe there is already one ??

Thank you in advance.

Pascal

--
  /  / \ /__  /_/     Traitement des Donnees de la

 Pascal Pitre               (418) 294-3124 voice
 Analyste                   (418) 294-3307 fax
 Hydro Quebec               pascal_at_bcomeau.hydro.qc.ca
 135 Boul. Comeau, T:100    Quebec, Canada, G4Z 2H8