Database Defragmentation

From: Tom Connolly,, <connolly_at_labiche.laas.fr>
Date: 1 May 93 11:34:03 GMT

I'm looking for any information on existing products which will defragment a database (preferably without taking the database offline). There are of course many such products for disk defragmentation and I would like to find a similar solution for the DBMS - something other than doing a backup/restore.

If anyone has any info regarding such a product or technique please respond to me directly - I will post a summary if the responses warrant.

Thanks,

Tom C

e-mail: connolly_at_udel.edu   Received on Sat May 01 1993 - 13:34:03 CEST

Original text of this message